What to wear for your photo shoot
So you've booked a session with me at Angel Eyes Photography. Now comes the question, what on earth are we going to wear?
I get asked this question a lot. Everyone wants to look their best and since these images will be on your walls for years to come you'll want to be happy with everything including the clothing choices you made for the session. This is definitely not something that should be overlooked so please make some time to think about what you'll wear on the day.
What we are trying to achieve:
- To make the people the main focus
- To flatter the subjects and make everyone look their best
How to make good choices:
- Where possible wear solid colours, clothing with detail like patterns and motives can be distracting and take the focus away from the people in the portrait.
- Choose 1-4 colours that match and compliment each other and stick with it. For example everyone wears the same colour bottom and the same colour tops like blue jeans and white tops. Or some where blue jeans and black tops and some black jeans and blue tops. Make sure you all blend well, beige, cream and dusky pink are all muted tones and therefore match nicely. We don't want one person to stand out more than everyone else.
- Wear a top with sleeves to at least the elbow and bottoms below the knee or full length, we want the most skin on show to be your face not your legs or arms.
- If you are not willing to go barefoot for the photo session then everyone wear black or white socks. If you're wearing white or very light coloured bottoms then go for white socks and dark bottoms black socks. You don't want the focus to be on your bright pink patterned socks. For the absolute best images then please go barefoot.
- Keep jewellery simple and to the minimum, too much will draw the attention from your face.
- Do your hair the way you normally wear it, we want the portrait to reflect who you really are and what you really look like.
For more ideas and inspiration I have created a Pinterest board with some great ideas on clothing choices that compliment each other the best so please take a look for some further inspiration. CLICK HERE to visit my board on Pinterest.
So you can see for yourself I have added a couple of photographs below where I feel the subject has made a good choice with their clothing.
Thanks for reading. Don't forget to leave with a like and share if you can. I would really appreciate it.
If you have any questions or thoughts on this then please feel free to share them below.