Newborn Session Packing Checklist
I very often get asked this so I thought it would be handy to do a checklist so you know what to bring with you to your newborn session with me.
Newborn Session Checklist
- Wet wipes! I do have these at the studio incase people forget but if your little one has sensitive skin you may wish to bring your own. FYI I use Huggies wipes in the cream/yellow packet.
- Formula milk if you're bottle feeding. Babies tend to drink more than usual during a newborn session so it's important you bring plenty of milk on the day. I recommend those premade bottles with teats or the premade milk you pour in to baby bottles. If you'd rather use powder though I have a Tommee Tippee perfect prep machine you're welcome to use. Don't forget to bring plenty of bottles!
- Musin clothes. You can never have enough of these!
- Nappies bring more than you think you'll need just incase.
- Snacks for yourself
- Drinks (I do provide tea, coffee and bottled water)
- Any personal items you want to include in the session such as teddy bear, blanket etc
- Clothes for you to wear for the photographs of you all as a family (Even if you think you won't want photographs just incase)
- Spare clothes just incase baby goes to the toilet on you which does sometimes happen!
- Maternity pads, although I do have some available for you to use, they're in my loo in the draw, no need to ask if you can use these, just help yourself.
- Breast pads, I have some of these too if you need them
- Painkillers if you need them for any post birth/c section pain.
- Dummy, even if you're not using one right now, sometimes it really helps to use one for the session as it does help babies who are over feeding for comfort to settle away from their Mummy.
- Any clothes you want baby to wear for any of the photographs such as hats, headbands, baby grows. This isn't essential though as I have loads of props we can use.
I think that's all
I think that's it but if I do think of anything else I will keep updating the list so if you have a session booked with me soon please come back to check if there are any more items added to the list.
Have you booked your newborn session?
If the answer is no and you are due in the next 3-4 months I strongly advise you to start thinking about booking a session soon. Most newborn photographers take bookings as early as just after the first scan so it's not too early to start making enquiries. My newborn packages are all listed on my website here Newborn Packages.
Other great reads
If you're planning on doing Elf on a Shelf this year then Amy has some great ideas over on her blog. You can read it here Newborn Photographer Shropshire